MADE IN CHINA SCHRADES

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in China.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: MADE IN CHINA SCHRADES

Post by Quick Steel »

And it looks very good too. ::tu::
Tups

Post by Tups »

Yeah nice looking. It’s a liner lock with a pocket clip and a flipper. 4.5 closed. Blade 3.25. Came in a package deal with a real buster of a Bowie knife. A 10 inch blade I believe. Will send a pic of that one too. Both knives for $9.99 clearance price. Great deal.
Attachments
A39BC745-CEE5-49FC-A814-361448307DF1.jpeg
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

Now there's a series of Uncle Henries in D2. While I've swore off Chinese knives, these are really, really tempting. But, they are priced pretty highly. They seem to be of decent quality. Real stag scales too.

https://www.smkw.com/catalogsearch/resu ... e+henry+d2
Ruffinogold

Post by Ruffinogold »

For me it depends . They use a few different steels , some of which I'm not in favor of and a couple that I'm good with .

I purchased a " magic " assisted folder and the blade is Aus 8 , which is ok . They have a cr7 that is ok too . Their 400 stuff and the cr3 stuff is a no go for me . For some reason , i cant sharpen the cr3 very well and it frustrated me .
As fa4 as the construction of them , for the most part they're good , especially for the money

Imho , the American knives were better , especially the Derlin. The newer ones have much lighter weight Derlin and I don't like the feel and weight of it . I also prefer carbon steel , but these days it's damn near all stainless

I bought my son a newer sharp finger, which I'm a fan of that pattern big time . His just feels weird along without having the carbon steel ... meh . It did have a decent sheath

I hadc an orange camo China schrade that I used for work and I liked the hell out of it . I believe i left it on a roof out if town , and my luck , haven't been able to find another

For the money, they make a good knife for a work knife and are good to get for the boys ... they'll learn how to sharpen , no doubt
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Ruffinogold, Welcome aboard. ::handshake:: As you can, kindly post some photos of whatever knives you may use or collect. I think you will find time spent on the forum to be interesting and worthwhile.
tnorton

Post by tnorton »

I guess this is my favorite Schrade China - at least I keep holding on to it - 94OTW
Attachments
IMG_3312.JPG
zed6309
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by zed6309 »

Had this 89OT Blazer for ages it came with a pack of cards with different old timers on it, I really like the knife , but like many I with the blades was carbon steel ::tu::
20190430_134613-01.jpeg
Paul,

friendship is a rare and precious gift,
A day without a pocket knife is the day your need it,
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

zed6309 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:44 pm Had this 89OT Blazer for ages it came with a pack of cards with different old timers on it, I really like the knife , but like many I with the blades was carbon steel ::tu:: 20190430_134613-01.jpeg

I think if they used SK-5, and hardened it well, it would be a very good steel. From my experience, Rough Rider's carbon steel is inferior to anything American or German.

I was very tempted by that 89OT a couple years back. While I have a USA-made one, it's pretty uncommon. I think Taylor produced much more 89OTs than did ISC. At $10, I don't think you can beat it!
zed6309
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by zed6309 »

Cody6268 I know the schrade U.S blazer was made from 1989- I'm guessing until they closed shop ? But I did read 1999? They must of made a fare few, in the uk the price is near triple what you pay :( I was luck to get mine in a blister pack with cards , it was £13.99 , a good price but I wouldnt pay nearly £30 , but it's a good knife and serving me well , I carried it today ::tu::
IMG_20200119_133537_291.jpg
Paul,

OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

I picked up this Chinese made Old Timer the day before Christmas for a family member that lives out of town. He had seen the ad, a $12.99 Schrade Old Timer knife for $7.99, called and wanted me to get one for him to be picked up the next time he gets down here. I really didnt take it out of the box and look at it closely until this morning. I am not liking what I see. The knife is tang stamped Schrade on the mark side and 28 OT on the pile side. Nowhere is the knife marked Made in China, just on the box. It comes with a belt sheath and is 3 5/8" long overall closed. As you can see in the photos it has some issues, the worst being a crack thru one of the pins in the handle material. The handle material, which is checkered, appears to be wood, with a similarity to walnut. The handle material comes up short in a few places to coming out flush with the wood. The blade has been sharpened some what at the factory, but would need additional work on the edge before being sharp enough to use. Maybe I am asking too much for an $8 knife to not have these short comings, but it is marked "Schrade Old Timer".
IMG_3433.JPG
IMG_3434.JPG
IMG_3435.JPG
IMG_3436.JPG
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

I just completed a review of the Schrade Uncle Henry Mini Pro Hunter PH2N and still carry it.
Sharpens well and holds and edge!!
Attachments
20191106_150139.jpg
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Got this Made in China Old Timer and when the blade is in the half stop position it wobbles like a tree limb and then is tight when fully opened. The whole knife just doesn't have the finished quality that I have found in older Schrade Old Timer knives. Very disappointed.
_
IMG_20191110_144436.jpg
David R (United States Navy Retired)
Don't just count your many blessings, be the blessing others count on!
Visit my website: Woodburning Art by David https://www.wdbydavid.com/
mikekoz

Post by mikekoz »

I have several of the Chinese made "Schrades" and I do not see much wrong with them. I do not consider them real Schrades though, and also think the ones that were actually made by the company Schrade before they shut down were better quality. As Chinese knives go, I think they are good for what you pay for them. I do have a Chinese Schrade Toughtool multitool, and one of the original US made ones, and there is a very noticeable difference in quality between the two. The blades on the Chinese version are pretty dull and the tool was made with thinner steel.
PigStikr

Post by PigStikr »

I want one of those Minni Pro Hunters for EDC I been trying for a year to find something I like lost a Spderco Tanasious a year ago been lost without that knife have a Delania now but think I'll try that minni pro..Price rite too
Never Doubt Your Dawg
PigStikr

Post by PigStikr »

Good review Scott!!1now i'm getting one for sure
Never Doubt Your Dawg
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

I picked up a 5OT Bruin the other day at Tractor Supply; pretty much expecting something terrible. And, well that's what I got. Stiff lock, rough action, minimal finishing, and soft steel (Schrade+ is definitely harder and tougher stuff than BTI 7Cr17).
Lansky1

Post by Lansky1 »

Anybody have the muskrat ? Looks pretty good, but I'm curious about the fit and finish as I've never handled one ... tempted to pick one up & give it the ratcliffe treatment (blade geometry looks very similar to the Case muskrats) ---->
s-l500 (1).jpg
pffffft that's not a knife ......... now THAT'S a knife !! Crocodile Dundee

John
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

This one?
20200628_205646.jpg
Lansky1

Post by Lansky1 »

dlr110 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:59 am This one?
20200628_205646.jpg
Yep thats the one. How's the fit and finish - looks good ? Steel hold an edge ok ?

John
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

It's not one of my EDC knives, but it's a solid made knife. Good weight, feel and has outstanding snap to it.
I would absolutely recommend having one of these.
Lansky1

Post by Lansky1 »

dlr110 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:05 am It's not one of my EDC knives, but it's a solid made knife. Good weight, feel and has outstanding snap to it.
I would absolutely recommend having one of these.
Great, thanks ... I'll check one out ::tu::

John
mrwatch

Post by mrwatch »

one of this weekends garage sale finds.
Schrade Tobacco Sowbelly pocket knife and cigar box. This knife is hand made , limited issue, First Production Run, model SCH11. measures 3 7/8" long closed with brown jigged bone handles with tobacco leaf shield, pinched nickel silver bolsters, brass liners.Main blade is marked " TOBACCO" and " Schrade hand made" " First Production Run SCH11", another blade is marked " Limited issue 2006" blades have match striker pulls. Comes in a great cigar box display.
Attachments
20200726_173213.jpg
20200726_173240.jpg
20200726_173253.jpg
20200726_173334.jpg
mrwatch

Post by mrwatch »

mrwatch wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:54 am one of this weekends garage sale finds.
Schrade Tobacco Sowbelly pocket knife and cigar box. This knife is hand made , limited issue, First Production Run, model SCH11. measures 3 7/8" long closed with brown jigged bone handles with tobacco leaf shield, pinched nickel silver bolsters, brass liners.Main blade is marked " TOBACCO" and " Schrade hand made" " First Production Run SCH11", another blade is marked " Limited issue 2006" blades have match striker pulls. Comes in a great cigar box display.
The Box
Attachments
P1010202.jpg
P1010204.jpg
Rich53

Post by Rich53 »

I have a couple Chinese Schrades. Ok, nothing special. Basically beater knives.
zed6309
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by zed6309 »

I use Taylor brand Schrades a fare bit, my favourite is the 89ot , I picked this set up last week, it's a 152ot and a 108ot in a nice tin , I got these to use and at £23 I had to give them a try, build quality is good on both knives, I wish they still made them of 1095 as one of my favourite steels , but the 7cr17mov holds a edge well so no complaints ::tu::
20210116_130734-01.jpeg
Paul,

Return to “Chinese-made knives”