My Manual Folders!

A place to discuss & share pictures of of knives from areas of the world other than the United States, Europe, China & Japan.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: My Manual Folders!

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

All very nice. I have only had a few CRKT knives and everyone that I have handled was a well made nice knife. Of course my favorite one there is the Mcusta, it just doesn’t get better than that.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks Mark! And I'm in total agreement with you on both counts, CRKT does produce some decent knives, and, you can't get better than the Mcustas, such beautiful well-built knives! 8)
8)
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

Another nice group, the top knife trips my trigger.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Yah, it's a beauty huh Sam! That's the last of my collection, but I'll post more as they arrive! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Well that didn't take too long! I made my last post on August 31st, and I had a beauty arrive in today's mail. This came as almost a complete surprise, due to it being ordered on June 29th, and finally delivered on September 4th, as well as the tracking saying that it had been returned to the seller on July 28th because of a damaged package. I was issued a full refund by ebay, which I'll have to correct, because I don't want the seller to be out the money for something that was out of his control. It's a beautiful 8 3/4" OAL reverse-fulcrum release stiletto hand-made by J.J. Martinez in Spain/SS spear-point blade with nail-nic, NS accented bolsters and lever, SS liners, brass pins, and genuine stag scales. Weighs just over 3 oz.'s, and came scary-sharp. There is "J. J. MARTINEZ/SANTA CRUZ" stamped on the front tang, and, "HECHO EN ESPANA" stamped on the rear tang. To close the blade one must pull-up on the fulcrum lever and fold closed, hence the "reverse" fulcrum. I really liked this knife when I first saw it, and it didn't disappoint in person, especially after it appeared all was lost! 8)
WIN_20200904_17_47_45_Pro.jpg
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I received these 3 knives in today's mail fellas, and I got them from my friend Mark at SSK(Sharpnshinyknives)! There's a bit of history behind a couple of them, so I'll relay a little of it to you. The first knife is a Finka NKVD Russian folder that I saw about a year ago on a Russian knife website. They had about 6 different models all dependant on what embellishments one desired, ranging from US$170.-US$600.+, mostly due to which exotic steel you wanted. I very much liked the design of the knife but didn't want to pay that kind of money for one, so, I put it on my "Watch List" for future consideration. In the meantime I saw copies on some of the Chinese sites priced at about US$28., but being short of money at the time I didn't pull the trigger for one. Sure enough, when I was finally in a position to purchase one, they were sold out. I kept checking for them to be back in stock but always drew a blank. Then, about 2 months ago they showed up on ebay, priced from US$35.-$45.! Around the same time they were back in stock on a Chinese site, slightly cheaper, so I ordered one. I watched a YouTube vid of the knife in which the seller was pulling the blade from it's channel about 25 degrees and then "flicking" it open the rest of the way. This was cause for concern for me because, I knew from personal experience this was a favorite trick of Canada Customs, thus allowing them to seize it as a gravity knife. I was hoping against hope that mine would squeak through, but then the letter arrived from Customs informing me my knife had been seized as a prohibited gravity knife. RIDICULOUS, I agree! My wheels started turning and I realized that my packages from Mark came through a different Customs station than my packages from China, a much less anal location, so I asked Mark if he would order me one from ebay, and send it along with other knives I'd bought from him, which he was happy to do. As an added precaution I asked Mark to tighten the adjustable pivot as much as possible, just to ensure that should the "flick" trick be attempted the blade wouldn't budge, and he did. My added precaution turned out to be unnecessary as the package wasn't even inspected, but it made waiting for my knife a lot easier. The knife is an 8 3/4" OAL Finka NKVD Russian lockback folding swinguard/SS drop-point blade with blood groove floating swinguard and s/g mounted thumb-stud, SS bolsters liners pins and lanyard tube, adjustable pivot, and black+white ABS scales with Soviet symbol inlays on both sides. A hefty piece weighing about 5 oz.'s, and arrived relatively sharp. It's totally unmarked, but I know it came from China. A well-built clone for only a fraction of the cost of an original, and only made possible through Mark's generosity! The second knife also has a little history in that, I've had it on my radar to purchase for sometime now, and once again was received through Mark's help. This knife was an ebay auction item, and the seller wouldn't ship outside the US, so Mark bid on it and won it for me. An added perk for this knife was that Mark sold it to me at cost, because he wanted to show me his appreciation for being a good customer, a gesture I'll always be grateful for. It tuned out to be a lot smaller than I thought it was, and only recently discovered that this model comes in 3 different sizes, with the one I received being the smallest at only 6"'s. I will keep an eye out for the largest model to compliment the smaller, and I'll post it when I find one. It's a Kershaw 2410 linerlock folder that's 6" OAL/SS drop-point blade with thumb-stud, what is likely an aluminum body with black rubber cross-cut inlays, adjustable pivot, and SS single liner. This one's featherweight at only 1 1/3 oz.'s, but very sharp. Has a "kershaw" stamp on the front tang, and "2410/JAPAN" stamped on the back tang. This knife won't be new to many of you, but one I've wanted ever since I first saw it. And, the final knife today is the crown jewel of the 3, a beautiful Paragon lockback folder that's 8 1/4" OAL with a SS drop-point blade that has a thumb cutout for opening, SS liners and pins, and deep black Micarta scales that are gorgeous! Not sure of the weight of this one, but I think 5 oz.'s would be a fair guesstimate, and came razor-sharp, so much so that I immediately cut myself! There's the Paragon phoenix logo along with "PARAGON" stamped on the front tang, and, "SEKI CITY/JAPAN" stamped on the rear tang. I got this knife directly from Mark's SSK store, and he was kind enough to hold it for me until I could afford to purchase it. This knife is an excellent example of Japanese workmanship, and I wouldn't dream of ruining it by putting it to work! 8)
WIN_20200909_12_16_07_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200909_12_18_26_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200909_12_17_30_Pro.jpg
8)
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

I like that Mark, the stag on that looks great.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks Mark! It's very similar to the other Spanish folder with staggered scales that I posted, but this one is much more streamlined and not as chunky as the other one. Especially nice since it appeared it was returned to sender! 8)
8)
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

I'm liking it!
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I was wondering where you were Sam! Thanks, they're pretty cool huh? 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

After eye-balling, doing research on, and searching for a reasonable price, I pulled the trigger on this cool little folder 2 weeks ago, and it arrived this morning. I bought it from a Chinese site, and due to the quick delivery as well as the postmark and tracking info, I can only deduce that the seller has a Canadian warehouse. It's a CRKT 7096 CEO A/O linerlock folder that's 7 5/8"/SS clip-point blade riding on roller bearing washers, and thumb-stud, SS liners, screw construction, adjustable pivot, black G-10 scales, and pocket-clip. Very light at a touch over 2 oz.'s, and shaving sharp. Has "CRKT" etch on the front blade, and, "7096/CEO/RODGERS DESIGN" etch on the back blade. I paid CDN$24./delivered, and have seen them with asking prices of upwards of US$70., and even higher for the newer all-black and lime green bamboo models. This knife has the absolute smoothest opening action I've yet to feel on any A/O knife I've handled to date. It requires a bit of getting use to due to the knife being so slim and my hands being so big, but once I perfected it, I can open it as fast as any auto I own. Just a great knife, ::tu:: I suggest everyone get one! 8)
WIN_20200916_10_52_20_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200916_20_22_12_Pro.jpg
8)
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

That is a nice knife Mark. I looked that one up on Ebay and prices range from 39.95 up to about 69. I would say you got a heck of good deal on that.
That is one that I will be watching for in the future.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks Mark! It sure feels like I got a good deal on this one since the ones you saw are in US dollars, so I'd have to add close to 40% exchange, in fact, I had to correct my price because it was CDN$24., not US$24.! The descriptions tout the knife as a "gentleman's" folder, and after seeing and handling it I certainly see what they mean. This one could be slipped into the pocket of one's shirt and it wouldn't seem like anymore than a pen you were carrying. Really glad I finally got one, you should too, you'll really like it! 8)
8)
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

Another nice score for you!!!
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thank you Sam! Due to the quality and the price it does feel like a "score"! 8)
8)
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

Nice weight to it, shouldn't be hiking up your pants much carrying that one. Two quarters and a dime in my pocket and my pants are saggin.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

It's extremely slimlined and lightweight Sam, no hiking up for this one should you clip it to the edge of a pocket, in fact, I added another pic showing how the blade completely disappears into the handle when closed, a trait that I've never seen on any other knife! 8)
8)
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Mark I just ordered one. Got mine at Bass Pro Shops online. Price was on the low end of what I saw and I had a gift card to use. I hope I like it.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Good stuff Mark! ::handshake:: You have my personal guarantee that you won't be disappointed! It's extremely slim so if you have a little trouble holding it and using your thumb on the stud, don't get discouraged, it just takes a bit of practise finding the right grip for your hand, and then pushing on the stud until the A/O kicks in, at which point the blade will fly open and lock-up tight. Enjoy it my friend! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Madmarco wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:23 pm After eye-balling, doing research on, and searching for a reasonable price, I pulled the trigger on this cool little folder 2 weeks ago, and it arrived this morning. I bought it from a Chinese site, and due to the quick delivery as well as the postmark and tracking info, I can only deduce that the seller has a Canadian warehouse. It's a CRKT 7096 CEO A/O linerlock folder that's 7 5/8"/SS clip-point blade riding on roller bearing washers, and thumb-stud, SS liners, screw construction, adjustable pivot, black G-10 scales, and pocket-clip. Very light at a touch over 2 oz.'s, and shaving sharp. Has "CRKT" etch on the front blade, and, "7096/CEO/RODGERS DESIGN" etch on the back blade. I paid CDN$24./delivered, and have seen them with asking prices of upwards of US$70., and even higher for the newer all-black and lime green bamboo models. This knife has the absolute smoothest opening action I've yet to feel on any A/O knife I've handled to date. It requires a bit of getting use to due to the knife being so slim and my hands being so big, but once I perfected it, I can open it as fast as any auto I own. Just a great knife, ::tu:: I suggest everyone get one! 8)WIN_20200916_10_52_20_Pro.jpgWIN_20200916_20_22_12_Pro.jpg
It was too late to edit my OP so I have to do it this way. Upon more research I've discovered that my stating that this knife has G-10 scales is incorrect, since in actuality they are GRN(glass reinforced nylon). The website that I purchased my knife from stated "G-10" scale material, but after reading Mark's(SSK)description as them being carbon fiber I was very curious about what exactly they are, and everything I'm reading says GRN, so I'm going with that! Although there appears to be not a huge difference between G-10, carbon fiber, or GRN, I still want to be accurate. My apologies for any confusion this may have caused. ::handshake:: 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I got a surprise double-header in today's mail, and this is one of them! It's a C. Jul Herbertz 9 1/8" linerlock folder that was described as a kitchen knife, but I very much liked the design, and the pictures showed how well built it is, so I ordered one and am extremely pleased with the result. This knife is so well put together that it could easily be used as an EDC. The knife has a 440C SS spear-point blade/thumb-stud and is so sharp I've cut myself twice already and I've only had it out of the package for a couple of hours, all screw construction, SS liners, adjustable pivot, black G-10 scales that look almost like carbon fiber, and lanyard hole. My best guesstimate on the weight is 5 oz.'s, and as I said, SHARP! Has an XY trademarked logo and "XYJ. LTD" etch on the front blade, as well as, "C. JUL HERBERTZ" and, "ROSTFREI 440/253113" stamp on the front tang. My picture absolutely doesn't do this knife justice, and I'm sure if you saw it in person and handled it, you'd be as impressed as I am! 8)
WIN_20200928_19_35_08_Pro.jpg
8)
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

It does look very good Mark.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks Mark! For CDN$17./delivered I couldn't go wrong! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Well, I got a nice surprise in today's mail! I ordered 4 knives from Matt from AAPK's Sandersknives, 10 days ago, and this was only after Matt was kind enough to hold them on reserve for me for quite awhile, much like how Mark from SSK(Sharpnshinyknives)has previously done for me. Unfortunately for me, my knife tastes far out shine my financial situation, so I sometime find it necessary to request sellers hold pieces for me until I'm in a position to buy, and both Mark and Matt have willingly done this for me, so, THANKS GUYS! ::handshake:: All 4 of these babies will definitely improve my current collection with new styles and materials! First up is a 6 3/4" oal "Little Pillbuster" Dr.'s knife/SS drop-point blade with n/n, N/S bolsters, brass liners, and gorgeous genuine MOP scales that show rainbow colors when in the light. There is an etch of a banner with "LITTLE PILLBUSTER" on it on the front blade, as well as, a stamp of a flying bird and "PARKER CUT CO." on the front tang, and, "SURGICAL STEEL/JAPAN" stamped on the back tang. I have no idea why, but I'm very attracted to these Dr.'s knives, and now I own 2 of them, this one being by far the nicer of the 2. Weighs just shy of 2 oz.'s, and arrived relatively sharp. Has solid slip-joint action, and closes with a resounding "click"! Very nice folder! Next up is a 9 3/8" oal Will & Finck "Horsehead" lockback folding bowie/SS clip-point blade with n/n, N/S ornate bolsters, brass liners and pins, and brown wooden scales displaying a beautiful grain pattern. Has "WILL & FINCK/S. F. CAL" stamped on the front tang, and, "UC527/STAINLESS/JAPAN" stamped on the rear tang. Nice hefty weight of about 8 oz.'s, and came shaving-sharp. I recently acquired the W & F fixed blade model and wanted to compliment it with the folding model, and although the 2 have different color scales, the design is identical.(See pics!)Walks and talks beautifully! A very cool knife! Coming out of the 3 hole is a Case 2138 "Sodbuster" slip-joint folder built in 1987 and is 8 1/2" oal/SS drop-point blade with n/n, brass pivot liners and pins, and jet-black derlin(?) scales. There's an etch of a hand-held plow, and, "STAINLESS/Sod Buster" on the front blade, as well as, "CASE XX/SS/USA" stamped on the front tang, and, "2138 SS" stamped on the back tang. I'm guessing it weighs about 4 oz.'s, came really sharp, and feels very substantial in-hand, not to mention it's solid slip-joint action and smooth walk and loud talk! I've been attracted to this knife's simple sleek design ever since I first saw one, but the high price has always kept me from ordering one, but Matt sold me this one virtually for a song, and I can't sing! After handling this great knife I certainly see why so many folks swear by it as their EDC! I realize this thread is for knives not built in the US, but since these all came together I thought I'd just post it here, and if this upsets anyone, my apologies. And, last but not least, is another Parker Cutlery offering that I just fell in love with when I saw it! It's an 8 7/8" oal lockback tanto folder/SS tanto blade with long-pull, N/S bolsters, brass liners and pins, and genuine blue/brown stag bone scales. Has a bird with a banner in it's beak and "EAGLE BRAND CUTLERY" etch on the front blade, and, that same trademarked bird and "PARKER CUT. CO." stamped on the front tang, as well as, "SURGICAL STEEL/MADE IN JAPAN" stamped on the back tang. A nice sturdy weight of upwards of 8 oz.'s, and razor-sharp. Also displays smooth walk and loud talk when closing. I've seen a knife on ebay with the identical scales and drop-point blade that I'll eventually order to compliment this one! A really nice knife! That's it for today guys, but I have more on the way, so watch for them if you enjoy my posts! 8)
WIN_20201009_11_55_42_Pro.jpg
WIN_20201009_11_51_49_Pro.jpg
WIN_20201009_11_52_41_Pro.jpg
WIN_20201009_11_54_53_Pro.jpg
WIN_20201009_11_53_59_Pro.jpg
8)
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

All very nice Mark. The Dr knife is pretty cool, I almost bought that one from Matt myself a while back. The Will and Finck look good together like that.
I have been picking up more Dr’s knives lately myself. I like this pattern and they do appeal.

Return to “Other foreign made knives”