Jay Wickizer, Little Known Talent

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Jay Wickizer, Little Known Talent

Post by jerryd6818 »

I'm a fan of the music of all those I listed, though not particularly a fan of the performer.

'Red Headed Stranger' is the album (because it really was an album :lol: ) that got me hooked on Willie. I like his stuff but for me, that was his best.

I went to see him live one time and that was a great disappointment.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

jerryd6818 wrote:I'm a fan of the music of all those I listed, though not particularly a fan of the performer.

'Red Headed Stranger' is the album (because it really was an album :lol: ) that got me hooked on Willie. I like his stuff but for me, that was his best.

I went to see him live one time and that was a great disappointment.
........my favorite "willy" song-"please come to boston"!!..... ::tu:: ................
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

Red-Headed Stranger got me onto Willie Nelson, too. I used to be able of singing it verbatim.

However, IMHO, the best album he ever recorded was the one he did with Ray Price.

Willie had been around for like, forever, prior to Red-Headed Stranger. He had a C&W TV show in the 50's. He wrote songs recorded by others that were great hits and have been covered many times over the years.

I love his music. Saw him live one time in Birmingham, great show. Even bought tickets to a show with him and Allison Krause for this month, but they cancelled the show :( .

Love his music, despise his political views.

Charlie Noyes
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
wlf
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by wlf »

He came to Huntington,WV,we saw him.It was a great show,he was wearing a pair of "Chucks" and playing that guitar with the hole in it.I'd give all my knives and more to go back to those days.

Thanks Charlie for the links." Pancho and Lefty " is a classic.
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

If you have access to the cable channel, Family Net, they show thirty minute programs of the Presley Jubilee.

I've got my DVR set to record it.

Charlie Noyes
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”