Any Train Enthusiasts Out There?

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Any Train Enthusiasts Out There?

Post by 1967redrider »

Waukonda wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2024 3:57 pm
1967redrider wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2024 12:48 pm I just did a 3 mile hike on the WMSR and found 17 old Western Maryland Railway spikes. Anyone need one? Hiked from Cash Valley Road down to Bone Cave and back.
Sounds like a great hike, thanks for posting the cave info, love stuff like that.

So, you did a 3 mile hike, and came back 10 lbs heavier (spikes) 8)
You better take a bigger coffee cup next time.
That is true, Ike. ::nod:: It was a good workout.
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Waukonda wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 4:09 pm Judging strictly by usetnames, I think there is at least one person out there who will like this money clip.
8) ::tu::
David
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

I spied this Geometry equipment while cruising up Virginia Ave. in Cumberland yesterday, had to stop and take some pictures. Incidentally, you can see some fields at our farm to the right of the white tank car way in the background.
Attachments
1000029083.jpg
1000029082.jpg

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

1967redrider wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 12:20 pm I spied this Geometry equipment while cruising up Virginia Ave. in Cumberland yesterday, had to stop and take some pictures. Incidentally, you can see some fields at our farm to the right of the white tank car way in the background.
Cool.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Here's what made me think the U.P. Big Boy didn't cross the Mississippi.
Attachments
1000029138.jpg

Waukonda
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Waukonda »

1967redrider wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 12:20 pm I spied this Geometry equipment while cruising up Virginia Ave. in Cumberland yesterday, had to stop and take some pictures. Incidentally, you can see some fields at our farm to the right of the white tank car way in the background.
Cool pics, John, you are certainly in a scenic area. A couple of days ago my wife came home from a little shopping, and was telling me about some "weird" looking train that she saw. She told me, "I was going to stop and take a picture for you.........but I didn't". So, I don't know what she saw.

Btw, I was checking TCM's upcoming schedule. Beginning at 5 am cdt this Friday the 20th, they are showing 9 consecutive movies which take place aboard a train, always interesting to me to see rail travel from differingtime spans depicted.
Ike
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Waukonda wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 11:00 pm
Cool pics, John, you are certainly in a scenic area. A couple of days ago my wife came home from a little shopping, and was telling me about some "weird" looking train that she saw. She told me, "I was going to stop and take a picture for you.........but I didn't". So, I don't know what she saw.

Btw, I was checking TCM's upcoming schedule. Beginning at 5 am cdt this Friday the 20th, they are showing 9 consecutive movies which take place aboard a train, always interesting to me to see rail travel from differingtime spans depicted.
I saw that TCM lineup, Ike, I got excited. And then didn't see Emperor of the North listed. Still hoping that some channel will aire it sometime.

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”