Blue tick hound #18

Colonel Coon Knives were made by Adrain A. Harris, Mr. Harris started making fixed blade knives as a hobby in the 60's, in 1976 he became the only authorized field repairman in the U.S. for Schrade, a few months later he became the only authorized repairman for Kissing Crane and J.A. Henckels in the United States, in 1978 he founded Tennessee Knife Works Inc. in his home town of Columbia, Tenn. and began making Colonel Coon Knives the old style a true bench made or handmade pocket knife. In 1988 he sold his manufacturing processes to W.R Case & Sons and retired.
NateLogsdon

Blue tick hound #18

Post by NateLogsdon »

Hello, I have been collecting knives for 25 years. Last week a ran across a Colonel Coon Blue tick hound. i have never seen one.
coon1.jpg
I have the display case that it came in. I am trying to find some info and value of this knife. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in Advance.
Attachments
coon 2.jpg
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Blue tick hound #18

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Hello Nate, welcome to the forum. Nice first post. I think that knife was made by Queen. Someone more knowledgeable will probably correct me. But it looks like some others that I’ve had that Queen made. That’s a pretty old one and nice to have the display case and all in nice order. To a collector that would probably be worth similar price to other Queen made knives from that era, if it was made by Queen that is. Good luck.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Do an advanced search of eBay for sold listings only, of Colonel Coon knives. There are a LOT of them. That’s your best source of current value - it’s what they’re actually selling for.

Welcome to AAPK.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
chickenman62

Post by chickenman62 »

That does not look like the tang stamp on a Queen Coon at least not the ones I have.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Here is a recent CC knife that I had in my store and it had the same tang stamp. When Queen made these many years ago and not the most recently made ones, they used this tang stamp.
Attachments
IMG_7969.jpeg
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
bkazz5

Post by bkazz5 »

If you ever want to move that blue tick along let me know.

Return to “Colonel Coon”