How to change handles on Buck 110 (video)

This forum is for posting step by step techniques used in the art of making, customizing, and repairing knives. Please stop by and teach a few things or maybe learn something new from the talented members of AAPK.
Post Reply
User avatar
Crowfoot
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:47 pm
Location: Moscow, Russia
Contact:

How to change handles on Buck 110 (video)

Post by Crowfoot » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:45 am

Hello, my video in English is ready. Try to describe how to
[youtube]https://youtu.be/jMHxT1WH1t8[/youtube]

User avatar
Meridian_Mike
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 4311
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:36 pm
Location: Arm pit of America

Re: How to change handles on Buck 110 (video)

Post by Meridian_Mike » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:35 pm

Very good video!
It is always interesting to see how other people work on knives.
.
That knife sure does look nice with new clothes on!

::tu::
“We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful.
We have done so much, with so little, for so long, we are now qualified to do anything, with nothing.”
Mother Teresa

User avatar
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 10036
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:23 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA
Contact:

Re: How to change handles on Buck 110 (video)

Post by 1967redrider » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:47 pm

Crowfoot wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:45 am
Hello, my video in English is ready. Try to describe how to
[youtube]https://youtu.be/jMHxT1WH1t8[/youtube]
Fixed your vid, Sergey. If you quote this post you will see how I modified the link to make the video instead of the link display on this forum. 😉👍



(www.youtube.com/watch?v=)
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter

User avatar
Crowfoot
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:47 pm
Location: Moscow, Russia
Contact:

Re: How to change handles on Buck 110 (video)

Post by Crowfoot » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:11 pm

Meridian_Mike wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:35 pm
Very good video!
It is always interesting to see how other people work on knives.
.
That knife sure does look nice with new clothes on!

::tu::
Thanks Mike!

User avatar
Crowfoot
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:47 pm
Location: Moscow, Russia
Contact:

Re: How to change handles on Buck 110 (video)

Post by Crowfoot » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:13 pm

1967redrider wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:47 pm
Crowfoot wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:45 am
Hello, my video in English is ready. Try to describe how to
[youtube]https://youtu.be/jMHxT1WH1t8[/youtube]
Fixed your vid, Sergey. If you quote this post you will see how I modified the link to make the video instead of the link display on this forum. 😉👍



(www.youtube.com/watch?v=)
WOW!!!! It is a super advice! Possible I correct another link this way =) Thanks a lot!

User avatar
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 10036
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:23 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA
Contact:

Re: How to change handles on Buck 110 (video)

Post by 1967redrider » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:35 pm

Great vid and I like how the 110 turned out. ::tu:: ::tu::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter

User avatar
Crowfoot
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:47 pm
Location: Moscow, Russia
Contact:

Re: How to change handles on Buck 110 (video)

Post by Crowfoot » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:52 pm

1967redrider wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:35 pm
Great vid and I like how the 110 turned out. ::tu:: ::tu::
Thanks! I will translate more my videos to English. It helps me to practice more. I do not know how my English sounds. I mean pronunciation. By tha way video helps to understand :D Also I am interested about my accent =) Try do not make typical Russian speakers mistakes. But some time my tonque would be break when try to say :lol:

User avatar
Meridian_Mike
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 4311
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:36 pm
Location: Arm pit of America

Re: How to change handles on Buck 110 (video)

Post by Meridian_Mike » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:59 pm

Crowfoot wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:52 pm
But some time my tongue would be break when try to say :lol:
Reminds of something I have heard before....
.
"My tongue flopped over my eye teeth and I couldn't see what I was sayin'...."

::tease::
“We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful.
We have done so much, with so little, for so long, we are now qualified to do anything, with nothing.”
Mother Teresa

User avatar
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 10036
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:23 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA
Contact:

Re: How to change handles on Buck 110 (video)

Post by 1967redrider » Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:03 pm

Meridian_Mike wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:59 pm
Crowfoot wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:52 pm
But some time my tongue would be break when try to say :lol:
Reminds of something I have heard before....
.
"My tongue flopped over my eye teeth and I couldn't see what I was sayin'...."

::tease::

Just like knife fixing, practice makes perfect, Sergey! ::tu::

John
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter

User avatar
Crowfoot
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:47 pm
Location: Moscow, Russia
Contact:

Re: How to change handles on Buck 110 (video)

Post by Crowfoot » Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:15 pm

1967redrider wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:03 pm
Meridian_Mike wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:59 pm
Crowfoot wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:52 pm
But some time my tongue would be break when try to say :lol:
Reminds of something I have heard before....
.
"My tongue flopped over my eye teeth and I couldn't see what I was sayin'...."

::tease::

Just like knife fixing, practice makes perfect, Sergey! ::tu::

John
Thanks John =)

samb1955
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Posts: 1671
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:47 pm
Location: Indiana

Re: How to change handles on Buck 110 (video)

Post by samb1955 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:54 pm

Knife looks great! Excellent video.

User avatar
Crowfoot
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:47 pm
Location: Moscow, Russia
Contact:

Re: How to change handles on Buck 110 (video)

Post by Crowfoot » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:13 pm

samb1955 wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:54 pm
Knife looks great! Excellent video.
Thanks!

Va Guy
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:45 pm

Re: How to change handles on Buck 110 (video)

Post by Va Guy » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:38 pm

Sergey
I enjoyed your video ::tu::
Please send us some more.

Guy

User avatar
Jeffinn
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 1471
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:16 am
Location: Roseville, Mi
Contact:

Re: How to change handles on Buck 110 (video)

Post by Jeffinn » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:38 pm

Crowfoot wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:45 am
Hello, my video in English is ready. Try to describe how to
[youtube]https://youtu.be/jMHxT1WH1t8[/youtube]
Hi Sergey!
That knife turned out great!
I like the look of the bone handles with no pins. Have you had any problems with the “pinless” knife handles coming loose?
Thanks for sharing your technique with us.
Jeff
If it ain't broke, you're not trying!
Jeff
http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/jeffinn

User avatar
Crowfoot
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:47 pm
Location: Moscow, Russia
Contact:

Re: How to change handles on Buck 110 (video)

Post by Crowfoot » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:01 pm

Va Guy wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:38 pm
Sergey
I enjoyed your video ::tu::
Please send us some more.

Guy
thanks!

User avatar
Crowfoot
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:47 pm
Location: Moscow, Russia
Contact:

Re: How to change handles on Buck 110 (video)

Post by Crowfoot » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:10 pm

Jeffinn wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:38 pm
Crowfoot wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:45 am
Hello, my video in English is ready. Try to describe how to
[youtube]https://youtu.be/jMHxT1WH1t8[/youtube]
Hi Sergey!
That knife turned out great!
I like the look of the bone handles with no pins. Have you had any problems with the “pinless” knife handles coming loose?
Thanks for sharing your technique with us.
Jeff
When I glued fist time at this knife by уpoxy - something going wrong. I use Slow Cure 30 min epoxy from US. Maybe it was so old, maybe i forgot degrease. But second time I used waterproof cyanocrilate. Also it is my first handle without pins :D I have not have enough statistic for this time. But I trust to knives assembled with pins more than glued 8) Modern chemistry do not stay at one place and always found something new. But this knife would be in my pocket and tested by life.

User avatar
Jeffinn
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 1471
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:16 am
Location: Roseville, Mi
Contact:

Re: How to change handles on Buck 110 (video)

Post by Jeffinn » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:21 pm

Crowfoot wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:10 pm
Jeffinn wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:38 pm
Crowfoot wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:45 am
Hello, my video in English is ready. Try to describe how to
[youtube]https://youtu.be/jMHxT1WH1t8[/youtube]
Hi Sergey!
That knife turned out great!
I like the look of the bone handles with no pins. Have you had any problems with the “pinless” knife handles coming loose?
Thanks for sharing your technique with us.
Jeff
When I glued fist time at this knife by уpoxy - something going wrong. I use Slow Cure 30 min epoxy from US. Maybe it was so old, maybe i forgot degrease. But second time I used waterproof cyanocrilate. Also it is my first handle without pins :D I have not have enough statistic for this time. But I trust to knives assembled with pins more than glued 8) Modern chemistry do not stay at one place and always found something new. But this knife would be in my pocket and tested by life.
Thank you for the response Sergey.
I pin all of my handles but recently bought some new epoxy that’s made specifically for knife handles so I may try a few with no pins to see how they hold up.
It does look nice without the pins!
Jeff
If it ain't broke, you're not trying!
Jeff
http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/jeffinn

User avatar
Crowfoot
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:47 pm
Location: Moscow, Russia
Contact:

Re: How to change handles on Buck 110 (video)

Post by Crowfoot » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:44 am

Jeffinn wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:21 pm
Crowfoot wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:10 pm
Jeffinn wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:38 pm


Hi Sergey!
That knife turned out great!
I like the look of the bone handles with no pins. Have you had any problems with the “pinless” knife handles coming loose?
Thanks for sharing your technique with us.
Jeff
When I glued fist time at this knife by уpoxy - something going wrong. I use Slow Cure 30 min epoxy from US. Maybe it was so old, maybe i forgot degrease. But second time I used waterproof cyanocrilate. Also it is my first handle without pins :D I have not have enough statistic for this time. But I trust to knives assembled with pins more than glued 8) Modern chemistry do not stay at one place and always found something new. But this knife would be in my pocket and tested by life.
Thank you for the response Sergey.
I pin all of my handles but recently bought some new epoxy that’s made specifically for knife handles so I may try a few with no pins to see how they hold up.
It does look nice without the pins!
Jeff
But all old school knives need a pins =)

User avatar
Crowfoot
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:47 pm
Location: Moscow, Russia
Contact:

Re: How to change handles on Buck 110 (video)

Post by Crowfoot » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:24 pm

Also sewed a sheath
Video in progress =)
IMG_4827.jpg
IMG_4826.jpg
IMG_4820.jpg

Reverand
Posts: 1146
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:45 pm
Location: Pisgah, AL
Contact:

Re: How to change handles on Buck 110 (video)

Post by Reverand » Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:09 pm

Sergey I really enjoyed your video. Your English is good, and I understood everything clearly, and I love the look of that knife! The Amber bone was a perfect choice for it!
But I do ask you to wear a mask when you are cutting and sanding bone. The little pieces that you breathe in can damage your lungs. I want you to remain healthy and keep making these beautiful knives!
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand

User avatar
Crowfoot
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:47 pm
Location: Moscow, Russia
Contact:

Re: How to change handles on Buck 110 (video)

Post by Crowfoot » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:34 pm

Reverand wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:09 pm
Sergey I really enjoyed your video. Your English is good, and I understood everything clearly, and I love the look of that knife! The Amber bone was a perfect choice for it!
But I do ask you to wear a mask when you are cutting and sanding bone. The little pieces that you breathe in can damage your lungs. I want you to remain healthy and keep making these beautiful knives!
Thanks! And I will try using a mask =)

Post Reply

Return to “Knife Related Tutorials”