Colonial Electrician's mod

This forum is for those who like to repair and restore knives, and for those who would like to learn.
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Colonial Electrician's mod

Post by Reverand »

I started this knife a couple of years ago, and decided to finish it today.
It began as a rusty Colonial Electrician's knife, and I made bolsters for it and dressed it up in Culpeppers Smooth Sunset bone.
Just as I had nearly finished with it, I reprofiled the blade into something approaching a Wharncliffe on a whim.
I don't remember why the pins are so embarrassingly large, but it makes the knife look clunky to me.
I had once had a Klein that I redid with Smooth Sunset handles and a Sheepsfoot main, and I loved that knife and missed it after it was lost.
This knife does not look nearly as good as the first, but may still be a decent user.
Attachments
IMG_20240704_181659136-1.jpeg
IMG_20240704_181729032-1.jpeg
IMG_20240704_181716830-1.jpeg
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Colonial Electrician's mod

Post by doglegg »

Reverand wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 12:34 am I started this knife a couple of years ago, and decided to finish it today.
It began as a rusty Colonial Electrician's knife, and I made bolsters for it and dressed it up in Culpeppers Smooth Sunset bone.
Just as I had nearly finished with it, I reprofiled the blade into something approaching a Wharncliffe on a whim.
I don't remember why the pins are so embarrassingly large, but it makes the knife look clunky to me.
I had once had a Klein that I redid with Smooth Sunset handles and a Sheepsfoot main, and I loved that knife and missed it after it was lost.
This knife does not look nearly as good as the first, but may still be a decent user.
::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
Gtrclktr-351

Re: Colonial Electrician's mod

Post by Gtrclktr-351 »

::tu::
"One man's trash is another man's treasure." Bill

Return to “Knife Repair and Restoration”