RR Disappointment

For Collectors & Users of Rough Rider Brand Knives.
tvic
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

RR Disappointment

Post by tvic »

I’ve been waiting months for the 8” Rough Ryder 30th Anniversary Trapper and Stockman. They finally got them in, but the handle looks like a Micarta handle they’ve had out for a long time on other knives. I was expecting something new/special for the 30th Anniversary.
Tim
“Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, leave the rest to God.” - Ronald Reagan
Modern Slip Joints

Re: RR Disappointment

Post by Modern Slip Joints »

Which dealer has them? Also, if you know, were they made in China or Pakistan? While most RR folders are made in China, most RR fixed blades, especially the larger ones, are made in Pakistan. While 8" trappers have been in SMKW mailings off and on and Frost marketed Pakistan made 8" Stockmans, these are the first 8" RR Stockmans I've heard of.
tvic
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by tvic »

Feel sure it’s China. SMKW is the owner of RR, so, of course, that’s where I’ve been looking. They posted the Trapper photo, but haven’t put up the Stockman photo. I’m assuming they’ll both have the same covers.
Tim
“Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, leave the rest to God.” - Ronald Reagan
Modern Slip Joints

Post by Modern Slip Joints »

I found it searching with "Rough Ryder 30th Anniversary 8" Stockman." It's the RR2648. It is shaped very different than the 8" Stockman Frost sold so nothing indicates they came from the same country. SMKW has not posted their usual description or where it was made. The Stockman appears to have blackened laminated wood covers. My German 6" Trapper is as large a trapper as I want. I used it some workining around the house. I'd never use an 8" trapper. While an 8" stockman might be the second least practicle knife at least it has secondary blades. I've never used my 8" Frost Stockman so we can hope I'm not dumb enough to buy this one but don't hold your breath.

Return to “Rough Rider Knife Forum”