Old and Obscure Brands

This forum is dedicated to the discussion and display of old knives. The rich history of all the many companies that made them through the early years will be found here as well as many fine examples of the cutlers art. Share pictures of your old knives and your knowledge here!
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Re: Old and Obscure Brands

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

A couple of days ago, my visit to the post office produced this "Deer Foot" pocket knife. This is my second pocket knife, in this "Deer Foot" pattern or style, to be posted under this topic or thread. It also became the second "Deer Foot" example to join my general, pocket knife accumulation. It is an ERNST ROMMERSWINKEL, one blade, one tool (a corkscrew), two tang stamps, 5 3/8" closed, lever lock, "Deer Foot" pattern or style of pocket knife. The main blade front tang stamp (football shaped) says, "ERNST ROMMERSWINKEL (over) SOLINGEN GERMANY" with "ERO" in the center. The main blade back tang stamp says, "MADE IN (over) GERMANY" My other "Deer Foot" pocket knife was posted, under this topic or thread, back on Saturday, August 3, 2024. This main blade does NOT have a half stop. This main blade does have a VERY GOOD opening snap. This main blade does have a VERY GOOD closing snap. The corkscrew opens and closes with NO problems. Overall, this pocket knife is in EXCELLENT condition. I cleaned the blade a little bit. I took some pictures and here it is.
Caption(s), if any, are on the BOTTOM of the corresponding picture(s).
Click on a picture to ENLARGE.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
The Main Blade Front Tang Stamp.
The Main Blade Front Tang Stamp.
The Main Blade Back Tang Stamp.
The Main Blade Back Tang Stamp.
Kid: "Wish we had time to bury them fellas."
Josey Wales: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."
Clint Eastwood-The Outlaw Josey Wales

Skip
RSBBrowning

Post by RSBBrowning »

Good morning,
I saw the post about Hollinger sheath knife – I also have an old Hollinger with leather handle and patterned leather sheath. Tang says Hollinger, does not say Fremont Ohio anywhere on the knife. Sheath and knife are both stamped with 13223. Overall length is 8 1/4 inches. Was wondering if anyone could direct me to a page or chart to help identify the model and date for this knife? I included a few pictures, hopefully they came through… Thank you in advance or any help, and have a great day!
Attachments
IMG_4843.jpeg
IMG_4844.jpeg
IMG_4845.jpeg
Ridgegrass
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ridgegrass »

Levine just says. Fremont, OH and "manufacturer?" and gives it a "high" value. c.1919. Houston Price gives the name and Fremont only. Good Luck with it. J.O'.
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

RSBBrowning wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 1:23 pm Good.....
Maybe an answer here? ::shrug::
viewforum.php?f=34

Or possibly here? ::shrug::
viewforum.php?f=44
Kid: "Wish we had time to bury them fellas."
Josey Wales: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."
Clint Eastwood-The Outlaw Josey Wales

Skip

Return to “Knife Lore - Traditional Knives From the Old Days”