Kniife Books

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
CarMan

Kniife Books

Post by CarMan »

Does anyone know if there has been a modern thread about knife books? I am talking about recommendations on books for research and basic knowledge, like Goins. And, books on knife repair as well as knife making. Also books on how to spot fakes. I tried searching knife books but it brings up everything with knife and everything with book, I also saw a lot of sci-fi books. I think that having a list on here somewhere (& there might already be) would be helpful for newer people & those that enjoy knowing more about the hobby.
As always thank you,
John
If you chase JESUS as hard as you do the things you think you want, you’ll wind up with more than you’ll ever need
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Kniife Books

Post by Mumbleypeg »

There are numerous threads. Not sure what you mean by “modern”, but it doesn’t make much difference because very few reference books have been published in the past 10 years or so. Whatever recommendations made, aside from a couple of books dedicated to specific brands, will not be recently published. But here’s one fairly recent thread that will have some of what you’re asking about viewtopic.php?p=1147311&hilit=Levine%E2%80%99s#p1147311

Here’s an older, more thorough thread viewtopic.php?t=42388

IMO the best source by far for new, updated content is Knife Magazine. Www.knifemagazine.com. You can get a print subscription, on-line subscription, or both. Typically has at least one feature article about traditional style pocket knives, cutlery history, etc in every issue. Several authors of books recommended in threads here also write content for the magazine.

Ken
Attachments
IMG_6898.jpeg
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
CarMan

Re: Kniife Books

Post by CarMan »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:17 pm There are numerous threads. Not sure what you mean by “modern”, but it doesn’t make much difference because very few reference books have been published in the past 10 years or so. Whatever recommendations made, aside from a couple of books dedicated to specific brands, will not be recently published. But here’s one fairly recent thread that will have some of what you’re asking about viewtopic.php?p=1147311&hilit=Levine%E2%80%99s#p1147311

Here’s an older, more thorough thread viewtopic.php?t=42388

IMO the best source by far for new, updated content is Knife Magazine. Www.knifemagazine.com. You can get a print subscription, on-line subscription, or both. Typically has at least one feature article about traditional style pocket knives, cutlery history, etc in every issue. Several authors of books recommended in threads here also write content for the magazine.

Ken
Ken, thank you for the info. I should have known that there were already threads concerning this subject. I looked in the research section and didn’t find anything.
Thank you again,
John
If you chase JESUS as hard as you do the things you think you want, you’ll wind up with more than you’ll ever need

Return to “General Knife Discussion”