Mail Call !-Post your new pick-ups here............

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Gtrclktr-351

Re: Mail Call !-Post your new pick-ups here............

Post by Gtrclktr-351 »

My latest acquisitions.
IMG_2512.jpeg
Leftt to right;
NRA lockback, purchased for a lot less than joining
Schrade Uproar OTF SMKW GAW
CRKT Redemption CLONE- TEMU because I love the Redemption but would never pay over $200 for a knife. It will never be claimed to be the real thing and will never be sold or traded.
"One man's trash is another man's treasure." Bill
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

That’s another beauty Tony. Can’t help but feel partially responsible for you picking up another IC Cut knife. I do think they are under appreciated by collector’s. Not sure why, but they are high quality knives.
RDNZL, what a mean looking knife. I can imagine a lot of tasks I could accomplish with that blade. Beautiful knife.
Doglegg that French knife looks very nice. Haven’t seen one with those wooden covers, I like it.

Got a few in myself. A Dave Shirley Marbles stag Congress. A Winchester Barlow and a John Primble Barlow. I think the Winchester has green or copper turquoise and the Primble has mammoth molar scales.
Attachments
FullSizeRender.jpeg
FullSizeRender.jpeg
FullSizeRender.jpeg
FullSizeRender.jpeg
Gtrclktr-351

Post by Gtrclktr-351 »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:09 pm Got a few in myself. A Dave Shirley Marbles stag Congress. A Winchester Barlow and a John Primble Barlow. I think the Winchester has green or copper turquoise and the Primble has mammoth molar scales.
Three beauties.
"One man's trash is another man's treasure." Bill
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Gtrclktr-351 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:15 pm
Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:09 pm Got a few in myself. A Dave Shirley Marbles stag Congress. A Winchester Barlow and a John Primble Barlow. I think the Winchester has green or copper turquoise and the Primble has mammoth molar scales.
Three beauties.
Thank you.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Corn Creek Cutlery wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:43 pm Beeauty Doglegg! ::tu::
Nice Tops RDN ... heavy duty! ::tu::

Got this one in the mail last week...
Ishikawa Cutlery IC Cut Bowie Seki japan
Thanks CX3, you're killing it with those Japanese fixed blades.
Corn Creek Cutlery
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Corn Creek Cutlery »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:09 pm That’s another beauty Tony. Can’t help but feel partially responsible for you picking up another IC Cut knife. I do think they are under appreciated by collector’s. Not sure why, but they are high quality knives.
RDNZL, what a mean looking knife. I can imagine a lot of tasks I could accomplish with that blade. Beautiful knife.
Doglegg that French knife looks very nice. Haven’t seen one with those wooden covers, I like it.

Got a few in myself. A Dave Shirley Marbles stag Congress. A Winchester Barlow and a John Primble Barlow. I think the Winchester has green or copper turquoise and the Primble has mammoth molar scales.
I sharpened the IC you Bombed me with, carried it a few days, then polished it. You know where it is now ... in the display case. But the Bowie I just happened upon ... couldn't let it go. If any responsibility is yours, it is in introducing me to the Japan made knives I did not know about. I am glad you did ... many thanks! ::handshake::

Mark, your three newest are absolute Beauties. Many ::tu:: Both Barlows are exceptional, but the Mammoth scales just make the Primble stand up and be counted.
Tony .. https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/corncreekcutlery .. "We are a Qualified RoseCraft Blades Dealer"
It's only money .. give the Lord His .. pay the bills .. give the wife hers .. and buy yourself another knife.
Corn Creek Cutlery
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Corn Creek Cutlery »

doglegg wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 12:12 am
Corn Creek Cutlery wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:43 pm Beeauty Doglegg! ::tu::
Nice Tops RDN ... heavy duty! ::tu::

Got this one in the mail last week...
Ishikawa Cutlery IC Cut Bowie Seki japan
Thanks CX3, you're killing it with those Japanese fixed blades.
Thank you Doglegg ::handshake::
Tony .. https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/corncreekcutlery .. "We are a Qualified RoseCraft Blades Dealer"
It's only money .. give the Lord His .. pay the bills .. give the wife hers .. and buy yourself another knife.
rdnzl

Post by rdnzl »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:09 pm That’s another beauty Tony. Can’t help but feel partially responsible for you picking up another IC Cut knife. I do think they are under appreciated by collector’s. Not sure why, but they are high quality knives.

Those Barlows are gorgeous.

And yeah, the Tracker is a great knife for camping or survival tasks. The blade is a full quarter inch thick. And the flat section works great for making curlies for a firestarter. And it can be baton'd or used as a hatchet, and not break a sweat. And the sight of it can make the faint of heart take off running. ::groove::
RedRaiderRick
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by RedRaiderRick »

Just picked up this GEC Northfield in the store here from Al Young. Blue Camel bone.
20240916_175219.jpg
To those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected ones will never know.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Thank you Tony and rdnzl.

Rick, that is a beautiful knife. You should post it in the “feeling blue” thread too.
ken98k
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by ken98k »

Picked this Camilus out of the bay.
Camilus axis lock.jpg
I am the NRA.
Let's go Brandon!
toomanyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by toomanyknives »

ken98k wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2024 4:43 am Picked this Camilus out of the bay.
Camilus axis lock.jpg
Nice one, Ken! I'll bet she's lightweight! ::tu::

Return to “General Knife Discussion”