KNIFE FINDS OF THE DAY

Discuss or show off anything that relates to knives.
User avatar
djknife13
Posts: 4262
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:28 pm
Location: Northern Minnesota

Re: KNIFE FINDS OF THE DAY

Post by djknife13 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:08 am

Thanks for the ideas guys. My house is starting to smell mildew, and the sheaths are in a plastic bag. Yeah Phil, I like the unbranded ones best. k7k, for skunk smell we use hydrogen peroxide, soda and Dawn dish soap. Spray the whole bottle on the dog, leave it set for about 5 minutes, rinse well and you can't smell it even up close. Soda and Lysol didn't work on the sheaths. I tried lemon, Fabreeze, pet odor remover with no luck. I'll try the vodka. I've never heard of using vodka in Swedish meatballs. We have them for Christmas every year. I looked on line and the knives are selling for between $30 and $60 here so I think I did well. I sure hate the smell though. He had about 15 more, but I think any more of this deal and Jane would have moved out. ____Dave

User avatar
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Posts: 15392
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:42 pm
Location: West Central FL
Contact:

Re: KNIFE FINDS OF THE DAY

Post by TripleF » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:55 am

djknife13 wrote:Thanks for the ideas guys. My house is starting to smell mildew, and the sheaths are in a plastic bag. Yeah Phil, I like the unbranded ones best. k7k, for skunk smell we use hydrogen peroxide, soda and Dawn dish soap. Spray the whole bottle on the dog, leave it set for about 5 minutes, rinse well and you can't smell it even up close. Soda and Lysol didn't work on the sheaths. I tried lemon, Fabreeze, pet odor remover with no luck. I'll try the vodka. I've never heard of using vodka in Swedish meatballs. We have them for Christmas every year. I looked on line and the knives are selling for between $30 and $60 here so I think I did well. I sure hate the smell though. He had about 15 more, but I think any more of this deal and Jane would have moved out. ____Dave

Have you tried Vaseline Dave? I had an old baseball glove that was eat up with it. Did some recon and tried Vaseline. Made it go away....I was shocked.

User avatar
djknife13
Posts: 4262
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:28 pm
Location: Northern Minnesota

Re: KNIFE FINDS OF THE DAY

Post by djknife13 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:57 am

Thanks Scott. I'll try it.___Dave

User avatar
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Posts: 15392
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:42 pm
Location: West Central FL
Contact:

Re: KNIFE FINDS OF THE DAY

Post by TripleF » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:48 pm

Found these this morning.....
Attachments
IMG_8039.JPG

User avatar
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 1845
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:50 pm
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Re: KNIFE FINDS OF THE DAY

Post by New_Windsor_NY » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:54 pm

So your kayak trip was a success. Kind of a small haul for you, but very nice. Like that wooden duck!
Kid: "Wish we had time to bury them fellas."
Josey Wales: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."
Clint Eastwood-The Outlaw Josey Wales

Skip

User avatar
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Posts: 15392
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:42 pm
Location: West Central FL
Contact:

Re: KNIFE FINDS OF THE DAY

Post by TripleF » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:14 pm

New_Windsor_NY wrote:So your kayak trip was a success. Kind of a small haul for you, but very nice. Like that wooden duck!

I know, right?!?!? I love Hooded Mergansers , and the moment I saw it, I was like, I have to have that!!

User avatar
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 1845
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:50 pm
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Re: KNIFE FINDS OF THE DAY

Post by New_Windsor_NY » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:35 pm

TripleF wrote:
New_Windsor_NY wrote:So your kayak trip was a success. Kind of a small haul for you, but very nice. Like that wooden duck!

I know, right?!?!? I love Hooded Mergansers , and the moment I saw it, I was like, I have to have that!!
You could've at least said you carved it yourself! :D
Kid: "Wish we had time to bury them fellas."
Josey Wales: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."
Clint Eastwood-The Outlaw Josey Wales

Skip

User avatar
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Posts: 15392
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:42 pm
Location: West Central FL
Contact:

Re: KNIFE FINDS OF THE DAY

Post by TripleF » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:08 am

New_Windsor_NY wrote:
TripleF wrote:
New_Windsor_NY wrote:So your kayak trip was a success. Kind of a small haul for you, but very nice. Like that wooden duck!

I know, right?!?!? I love Hooded Mergansers , and the moment I saw it, I was like, I have to have that!!
You could've at least said you carved it yourself! :D
::rotflol:: ::not_worthy:: ::rotflol::

edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 2538
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:48 am
Location: The Crossroads of America

Re: KNIFE FINDS OF THE DAY

Post by edge213 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:30 am

TripleF wrote:Found these this morning.....
Scott, what is the folding knife in this picture?
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf

User avatar
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Posts: 15392
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:42 pm
Location: West Central FL
Contact:

Re: KNIFE FINDS OF THE DAY

Post by TripleF » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:32 am

edge213 wrote:
TripleF wrote:Found these this morning.....
Scott, what is the folding knife in this picture?
I'm just sharpening it as I reply....CLEARCUT USA GEO WORTHINGTON

User avatar
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 31388
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:23 am
Location: The middle of the top of a bastion of Liberalism.

Re: KNIFE FINDS OF THE DAY

Post by jerryd6818 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:05 pm

New_Windsor_NY wrote: You could've at least said you carved it yourself! :D
That's not how our Scott rolls. He's an honest upstanding citizen and his word is his bond.

P.S. I knew you were kidding. I'm not.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012

User avatar
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Posts: 15392
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:42 pm
Location: West Central FL
Contact:

Re: KNIFE FINDS OF THE DAY

Post by TripleF » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:49 pm

In the mail today....
Attachments
IMG_8059.JPG
IMG_8060.JPG

User avatar
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 1845
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:50 pm
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Re: KNIFE FINDS OF THE DAY

Post by New_Windsor_NY » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:53 pm

TripleF wrote:In the mail today....
Like the knife that's third from the top. ::tu::
Kid: "Wish we had time to bury them fellas."
Josey Wales: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."
Clint Eastwood-The Outlaw Josey Wales

Skip

User avatar
djknife13
Posts: 4262
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:28 pm
Location: Northern Minnesota

Re: KNIFE FINDS OF THE DAY

Post by djknife13 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:51 pm

North Star Blade Collectors knives for August. Robeson Shuredge Daddy Barlow, Case tested 5235 1/2, Queen congress and two fancy old Utica's____Dave
Attachments
NSBC Aug 2019 knives 003.JPG

User avatar
Doc B
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Posts: 1897
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:57 pm
Location: San Antonio

Re: KNIFE FINDS OF THE DAY

Post by Doc B » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:03 pm

Some fine pick ups there, Dave. I really like that saw cut! ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018

Post Reply

Return to “General Knife Discussion”