Misnumbered Wildlife Series 1993

Boker specific research and history discussions, Questions & answers, Picture sharing
GrimReefer

Misnumbered Wildlife Series 1993

Post by GrimReefer »

I have 2 misnumbered Boker Wildlife Series "Large Mouth Bass" 1993 pocket knives. The limited edition is 1 of 3000 but I have serial number 3004 and 3010. I bought these knives the year they came out and I've just had them since then. They are both in good condition with box and paper work. I'm trying to figure out if they are worth anything or if I should just keep them for my collection. Originally I was told by Boker that I could "trade them for 2 of anything in their catalog" as I believe these over prints were meant to stay in house.
Attachments
20240529_042437.jpg
20240529_042446.jpg
Modern Slip Joints

Re: Misnumbered Wildlife Series 1993

Post by Modern Slip Joints »

Manufacturers of most things, not just knives, usually produce some over run to have on hand to replace defective products customers return. They do not store the over run forever. Usually they are eventually sold. While it's good business practice for Boker to keep you happy I doubt selling those knives was a mistake. IMO the higher number does not change their value.

In a recent thread we just dicussed whether high or low serial numbers increase value. The consensus was no boby gives a hoot. There is the odd chance that a bidder might bid a little higher because the number is their birth date, matches the number on one of their other knives, or is a number they think is special but that is unpredictable.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

I agree. No increased value just because of the numbers.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
GrimReefer

Post by GrimReefer »

Can't say I'm not disappointed, but I guess I'll have to hold on to them for my own collection. I just remember seeing them in the store in the 90's and feeling like I found something super rare.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

GrimReefer wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 2:29 am Can't say I'm not disappointed, but I guess I'll have to hold on to them for my own collection. I just remember seeing them in the store in the 90's and feeling like I found something super rare.
The problem is, rare by itself does not mean valuable. Are they more rare than the same knife that is numbered “1”, or “2015”? Limited supply is only one part of the equation. For an item to be valuable also requires demand.

They’re nice looking knives. If YOU like them, then you got value for your purchases.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/

Return to “Boker Knife Collector's Forum”