Antique Pruning Shears

A place dedicated to the discussion & picture sharing of swords, hatchets, throwing knives, Native American Tools, tomahawk heads and other related items.
raincrowe

Antique Pruning Shears

Post by raincrowe »

I would like to feature a pair of antique purning shears nine & one half inches; This one is extremely well crafted and stamped Drop Forge Italy...
A neat old antique that still works.....Just curious to see if any are out there still being used??
I would like to learn if anyone know what years; they were made and what companies imported and sold them?? ::tu::
Attachments
IMG_2650.JPG
IMG_2651.JPG
IMG_2652.JPG
IMG_2653.JPG
IMG_2654.JPG
IMG_2655.JPG
IMG_2656.JPG
beresman
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: Antique Pruning Shears

Post by beresman »

My mother had a pair identical to those, though I have no idea what happened to them--I suspect my dad got rid of them after she passed. I remember using them while I still lived at home.
Brent
raincrowe

Post by raincrowe »

beresman wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 1:57 am My mother had a pair identical to those, though I have no idea what happened to them--I suspect my dad got rid of them after she passed. I remember using them while I still lived at home.
The pruners are a great tool; although I have others..I used them recently when I couldn't find the newer ones
and they worked great!!
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

raincrowe wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 1:49 am A neat old antique that still works.....Just curious to see if any are out there still being used??
I have a pair of shears quite similar to those you are showing; I can't find them.
I do have these shears with an anvil cutter though. I was skeptical of them until I cut a branch. ::tu::
I have the small pair that I would assume was a florists shear back in the day. I don't really know. (spring is missing)
And the 20 inch shears that cut like a breeze.
Attachments
tempImageAb04tR.jpg
tempImageIcd75T.jpg
tempImageyjCbqQ.jpg
tempImagehMiG55.jpg
tempImagetK72Pa.jpg
Joe
raincrowe

Post by raincrowe »

FRJ wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 2:04 pm
raincrowe wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 1:49 am A neat old antique that still works.....Just curious to see if any are out there still being used??
I have a pair of shears quite similar to those you are showing; I can't find them.
I do have these shears with an anvil cutter though. I was skeptical of them until I cut a branch. ::tu::
I have the small pair that I would assume was a florists shear back in the day. I don't really know. (spring is missing)
And the 20 inch shears that cut like a breeze.
Thanks for showing... You have some nice older shears some I haven't seen!! ::tu::

Return to “Other Sharp Objects”